MICROBIOLOGIST - CHINO, CA
Quality assurance microbiologists require a significant amount of formal education.
Tasks/ Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Processes samples for microbiological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus.
• Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as media or live cultures to perform essential laboratory procedures.
• Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation.
• Reports results of assignments maintain and performs related record keeping.
• Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments.
• Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results.
• Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
• Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines
• Technical Capacity
Skills and Abilities:
• Problem Solving/Analytical
• Organizational Skills
• Time Management
• Bachelor’s degree in science or related field
Education and Experience
• 1-3 years of production/ manufacturing experience
Working Conditions/Job Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.