FORKLIFT OPERATOR - CHINO, CA
Forklift operator is an individual who operates the equipped industrial forklift to move materials in the warehouse region and to load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers.
Tasks/ Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts of industry to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas.
• Organizing and securing stored materials such as bales, super sacks, boxes, pallets, and so on.
• Loading or unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, or lifting devises.
• Performing routine post and pre inspections to ensure suitable working nature or forklift equipment.
• Reporting to supervisor regarding any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards.
• Weighing products or materials, and recording weight and further production information on labels.
• Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, equipment manufactures, and employees regarding unloading and loading operations.
• Wrapping material loads with a wrapper and making clean the warehouse premises.
• Completing forklift operator training provided by the industry annually.
• Performing other duties as allotted by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teamwork Orientation
• Technical Capacity
Education and Experience:
• A high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED).
• Previous production experience
• Certification in operating forklifts is a plus
Working Conditions/Job Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.