MACHINE OPERATOR - CHINO, CA
The machine operator position operates machine shop and mold press in assembly process under supervision and direction of production manager.
Key Duties/Responsibilities:Tasks/ Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Performs typical machine shop and mold press operations to support the assembly floor.
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
• Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, molding and all bench operations and inspect.
• Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teamwork Orientation
• Time Management Performance Management
• Results Driven
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of one year of factory-related experience
• Training in general safety, electrostatic discharge awareness, foreign object damage awareness, and quality system awareness
Working Conditions/Job Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.